|Home » Industry Watch » The Technological » Hall of Monkeys
Linus on Limb, Fanboys Foaming
Now we're talkin'!
Fanboy agitation against Linus Torvalds is growing into a Beige Zephyr™ which must make the Swedish-Finnish scientist proud.
He clearly knows what he's doing with computers, but he has absolutely no perspective of what consumers want. There is no reason to say that Leopard's FS is crap! It's just not true! Leopard's FS is INCREDIBLE! Maybe not as stable or what have you as Linux, but it does a FINE job. Fuck you Torvalds. You just lost my respect.
Sour grapes anyone? Apple took UNIX and created the most useful, advanced OS ever know to man. Linus? He's been working on the Linux kernel for over 20 years and the last time I checked I can't play a DVD or an mp3 in Linux without using a 3rd party reverse-engineered hack. And don't get me started about actually using Linux for something useful.
Just checking in here. At last count it looked like this.
- In 1996 Linus had asteroid 9793 Torvalds named after him.
- In 1998 Linus received an Electronic Frontier Foundation Pioneer Award.
- In 1999 Linus received honorary doctor status at Stockholm University.
- In 2000 Linus received honorary doctor status at University of Helsinki.
- In 2000 Linus was awarded the Lovelace Medal.
- In 2000 Linus was voted the 17th most important person of the century in a Time magazine poll.
- In 2001 Linus shared the Takeda Award for Social/Economic Well-Being.
- In 2004 Linus was named one of the world's most influential people by Time magazine.
- In 2004 Linus was voted 16th greatest Finn of all time.
In the meantime fanboys still can't spell or type for shit.
For the record - and none of this is esoteric in any way.
- HFS is mostly regarded as a joke - a BAD joke.
- HFS is stupid and everybody knows it and laughs at Apple for it.
- HFS is the only truly back-arseward file system in the history of computer science.
- HFS is also one of the wobbliest file systems ever made. The DiskWarrior people cleaned up.
- Just looking at the HFS design spec is enough to make any self respecting software engineer vomit.
Troll troll troll. There's nothing like seeing the veins on a fanboy cranium pop out. It's one of the few truly exquisite and totally free pleasures left in life.
Hall of Monkeys: Linus on Limb, Bohon Falls
Hall of Monkeys: Linus on Limb, Fanboys Fall
Sydney Morning Herald: Q and A with Linus Torvalds
Sydney Morning Herald: Torvalds pans Apple with 'utter crap' putdown