|Home » Industry Watch » The Technological
THE SWEDE WHO IS ONE OF THE WEB'S HOTTEST
Hey it's totally OK.
Swedish Dina Pengar ('your money' - dinapengar.se) have to be running the world's dumbest site - or how about URLs like this?
[And gee it's really hard to guess what web server they're running. NFC LLC.]
'Your Money' just crowned the 20 most influential people on the web. But there are typically a number of things wrong with this.
- At least one name is misspelled.
- The average HTML load for any one page is 210 KB.
- They actually name 25 and not 20 people but still miss #14.
- The average page load for any one page is 915 KB with 114 items.
- Every one of the 19 pages points out that THERE IS A SWEDE AT #15.
- They use no height or width attributes in their image tags so pages jump all over the place.
- They use 'pragma no cache' so your browser has to reload the entire page again when you pass by.
- Schmidt, Page, Brin.
- Steve Jobs BECAUSE HE TALKS ABOUT DRM.
- Bram Cohenm. [No they can't spell his name right.]
- Mike Morhaime. For World of Warcraft. That's influence!
- Jimmy Wales.
- John Doerr. Who? He's invested in Sun, Amazon, and Google. So?
- Craig Newmark.
- Peter Levinsohn. Runs MySpace and Fox News for Rupert.
- Marissa Mayer, Google VP search products & user experience.
- Chad Hurley, Steve Chen. [YouTube.]
- Kevin J Martin, chairman of the US FCC??!??
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="Fri, 4 July 1997 00:00:00 GMT">
<META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name="GENERATOR">
<meta content="Visual Basic .NET 7.1" name="CODE_LANGUAGE">
- Brad Templeton, chairman of the EFF. 'He fights for Internet rights.'
- Henry Chon? CEO for Korean Cyworld? Now being marketed in the US?
- [No #14. Hope they count your money better. ANYWAY HERE COMES A SWEDE.]
- Niklas Zennström, Janus Friis, creators of Skype, KaZaA, and Joost.
- Matt Mullenweb, WordPress?
- Philip Rosedale, CEO Linden Lab/Second Life?
- Jon Lech Johansen??!??
- Semel, Yang, Filo, Yahoo.
- Jack Maa, founder alibaba.com??!??
And the ultimate insult? This entire series - all nineteen pages of it, all 20 MB of it - come with the title 'svensken som är en av webbens hetaste' - 'the Swede who is one of the web's hottest'. Not a word about Brin, Page, Schmidt, Wales, Newmark, Hurley, Chen, Templeton, Jobs, Semel, Yang, or Filo - who are they?
No, this is about showcasing a SWEDE almost no one ever hears about or talks about. The other twenty four people here? They don't count.
And in the backslashed world of Sweden from one of the country's leading financial news sources, this is totally OK.