|Home » Industry Watch (» The Technological » Hall of Monkeys » Heroes Banquet)
One Hand Free
What better way to idle away these lazy summer months?
FUNAFUTI (Rixstep) -- What better way to idle away these lazy summer months? Rixstep present a totally free version of Clipothèque for June July and August 2008.
There's nothing quite like relaxing in the summer sun and doing nothing at all. Or at least next to nothing. The balmy sea breezes, the hot summer sun, dozing off in a hammock - having at least a little bit to do makes the time pass smoothly. And the special edition of Clipothèque makes it easy.
Just bring along your laptop to your hammock. Using your wireless connection you're still in touch with everything going on around you. And use Clipothèque to collect bookmarks your browser couldn't handle and media clips you want to see again and again. Watch all the fabulous Apple QuickTime movie trailers, all the most popular YouTube clips, and use Google Maps to explore all those special places in paradise you really want to visit.
And because Clipothèque is so incredibly easy to use you keep one hand free. For your out of the world mai tai, your piña colada, for whatever you want.
What better way to spend the summer months. Click right here to download Clipothèque and start the fun now.
What Clipothèque Does for You
|Original Trader Vic's Mai Tai1/2 oz French Garier Orgeat Syrup.1/4 oz Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup.2 oz 17 year old J Wray & Nephew Rum.1/2 oz Holland DeKuyper Orange Curaçao.Add juice and half shell from one fresh lime.Shake vigorously with shaved ice.Add branch of fresh mint.|
- Save bookmarks. Your browser couldn't possibly handle the overload.
- Save media clips. This couldn't possibly be easier. Drag a title, a URL, or an embed code straight from YouTube onto Clipothèque. The program opens with the right fields already filled in. One hand's always free.
- Play clips back at any size. As you resize your viewing window Clipothèque shows you the actual clip dimensions and the aspect ratio - YouTube clips are normally 1.33; Apple QuickTime movie trailers are anywhere from 1.65 to 2.15 and beyond. Play them even at full screen.
- Share the love. Collecting clips and sharing with loved ones and friends couldn't possibly be easier. And the Clipothèque download link is automatically included in your messages so people who don't yet have this fantastic app can be running it in less than a minute to see what you sent them.
- Find what you're looking for. In fact it couldn't be easier. Where's that image or that media clip you're after? Are you going to log in to your YouTube, Picasa, Flickr, Google Video, and other accounts to hunt it down? Or are you going to take advantage of Clipothèque's automatic preview? Guess which one's easier.
It's just a lot of fun. And only takes one hand.
Wait Until July 1st!
On 1 July there'll be a special announcement about a special offer for Clipothèque. Stay tuned!
This special edition of Clipothèque is time limited. It's fully functional but only runs for the summer months this year. The other 'read only' edition runs forever but then you can't save or share clips - only look at them.
The registered fully functional version of Clipothèque costs a mere US$17. The price is deliberately low - and chosen for Apple's A-block. And the price includes one full year of free updates and enhancements.
[Note: Clipothèque is now completely free. Just click a link and download and it's yours.]
All downloads also include the fabulous Clipothèque desktop wallpaper from Graphic Tribe.
So what are you waiting for! Start having a great summer - with your Trader Vic's classic mai tais, your hammock, and Clipothèque!
The ACP: Clipothèque
Industry Watch: goodies.clip
Rixstep Downloads: Clipothèque
Developers Workshop: Clipothèque G3
Industry Watch: Weezer Pork and Beans
Shah Jahan Mumtaz Google Maps & Clipothèque
Rixstep Downloads: Xfile Test Drive with Clipothèque
Developers Workshop: Perfect Pixel Demo Reel Jan 2007
Developers Workshop: 48 Hours — The Clipothèque™ Beta
Learning Curve: Clipothèque Part 1: Add a Clip and Share It