|Home » Industry Watch (» The Technological » Hall of Monkeys » Heroes Banquet)
Apple's New Notebooks: Fallout
Not many proclaiming they're happy campers.
Apple's brand fanatics are a breed apart. This is common knowledge. They seem to have a need to always contradict their leaders in One Infinite Kremlin just to show who's really running the company.
That's the way it can look - until one gets closer and sees more detail.
Reactions to the new notebooks haven't been much short of hostile. As one punter put it:
I've never experienced this level of negativity on MacRumors.com and I am logging off until at least Thursday. Perhaps by that time we will actually have legitimate opinions from those that have seen/used the new notebooks.
Where's the Beef?
Reading through the miles long threads discussing these new computers might take weeks - and accomplish very little. What others who've read through them seem to be taking home is the following.
- Aluminium isn't sturdy enough.
- The keyboard isn't a real keyboard.
- DVI sorely lacking on the MacBook Pro.
- MacBook Pro FireWire port is only 1394b.
- The glass screen is glossy. Pros don't like that.
- The price is too high. Especially in the current financial meltdown.
- There's no FireWire on the MacBook. There are conspiracy theories why.
Student discounts are also less than before all the while the price of the MacBook's gone up by 20%.
MacRumors Forums: New Aluminium MacBooks
MacRumors Forums: 24-inch LED Cinema Display
MacRumors Forums: Apple Notebook Event Keynote
MacRumors Forums: New MacBook Pros, MacBook Air Update