|Home » Industry Watch
Schrödinger's Cat & Marianne Ny
A Swedish runaway prosecutor's loser game. A discussion at Flashback.
longbow4y on 2016-03-09 at 11:45
Maybe someone can explain why Marianne Ny doesn't follow the rules for European Arrest Warrants in effect until 2012?
Situation pending the decision
1. Where the European arrest warrant has been issued for the purpose of conducting a criminal prosecution, the executing judicial authority must:
(a) either agree that the requested person should be heard according to Article 19;
(b) or agree to the temporary transfer of the requested person.
2. The conditions and the duration of the temporary transfer shall be determined by mutual agreement between the issuing and executing judicial authorities.
3. In the case of temporary transfer, the person must be able to return to the executing Member State to attend hearings concerning him or her as part of the surrender procedure.
Hearing the person pending the decision
1. The requested person shall be heard by a judicial authority, assisted by another person designated in accordance with the law of the Member State of the requesting court.
2. The requested person shall be heard in accordance with the law of the executing Member State and with the conditions determined by mutual agreement between the issuing and executing judicial authorities.
3. The competent executing judicial authority may assign another judicial authority of its Member State to take part in the hearing of the requested person in order to ensure the proper application of this Article and of the conditions laid down.
outoftheblue on 2016-03-09 at 14:31
Maybe because the warrant was issued for interrogation and not prosecution. Even if Marianne Ny has been a bit disingenuous in promising prosecution and claimed that's why the warrant was issued, because such warrants cannot be issued simply for interrogation. But that's actually why the warrant was issued, so she can't interrogate whilst waiting for Assange to be in Sweden for interrogation.
Put simply: Marianne Ny's fuzzy lies have put her in an impossible situation. She cannot claim the warrant was issued for prosecution, for she's not got that far yet; on the other hand, she cannot claim the warrant was issued for interrogation either, because that's simply not allowed. The warrant was issued for something in between, a quantum mechanics superposition state of both interrogation and prosecution, a so-called 'entanglement' which can only be investigated under strict secrecy behind closed Swedish doors where Schrödinger's cat, in complete isolation, can be kept both alive and dead. She doesn't want to collapse this function prematurely. And that's why no real information can be given by her prosecution authority, but only nonsense that can be interpreted arbitrarily.
trenterx on 2016-03-09 at 18:49
Haha. Maybe she san use 'spooky action at a distance'. Her thoughts and intentions are eerily entangled with Assange's, but they're always going in the opposite direction.
Assange Defence Fund
WikiLeaks: Support WikiLeaks
The Police Protocol (Translated)
Rixstep: JA/WL (Assange/WikiLeaks)
Rixstep: Assange/WikiLeaks RSS Feed
Radsoft: Assange/WikiLeaks RSS Feed