|Home » Industry Watch
ACP/Xfile Test Drive
All your .DS_Store and Gatekeeper are belong to us.
This is the new update to the ACP/Xfile Test Drive, now with a full dozen ACP applications. More power than ever. Free.
Yes, it's free, so try it. Nope, no strings, so download it.
This new ACP/Xfile Test Drive contains a full dozen (ಹನ್ನೆರಡು, 12) applications. All you do is mount the DMG and you're ready to go. No cleanup required afterwards, no remnants. Pure power, at your disposal.
- ACL manages access control lists, which Apple chose not to help with.
- CandS deals with Apple's Gatekeeper system and other assorted 'XA cruft'.
- Changes is the diagnostic tool developed to study Apple's filesystem activity.
- Keymaster counteracts GateKeeper (blows it away).
- Rixcomp compares two items in your filesystem. Rixcomp was once named 'the ultimate hacker's tool' by the 2600 Group.
- TMI ('too much information') spells it all out in plain text.
- Tracker long ago made the 'app-zappers' obsolete. Tracker is essential for testing new software, or for testing anything (such as intrusions Apple can't detect).
- Xattr is the first-ever Apple XA editor, released over fifteen years ago.
- Xattrib shows you the complete attribute setup for any file of any type. Also used for setting attributes. (Yes it's quite a bit more than Apple let on. They think you're stupid. Really.)
- Xfile is the ACP file manager. Called the 'standard-setter'.
- Xfind finds things in files, or merely summarises file sizes, extended attributes, and blocks used.
- Xscan is the filesystem scanner. Check out the 'Filters' menu - inspired by the seminal 'Hacking Exposed', it helps isolate security weaknesses in your system.
Download it here. ftp://rixstep.com/td.zip
PS. You'll probably never see .DS_Store or Gatekeeper again.RUG
Stockholm/London-based Rixstep are a constellation of programmers and support staff from Radsoft Laboratories who tired of Windows vulnerabilities, Linux driver issues, and cursing x86 hardware all day long. Rixstep have many years of experience behind their efforts, with teaching and consulting credentials from the likes of British Aerospace, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Lloyds TSB, SAAB Defence Systems, British Broadcasting Corporation, Barclays Bank, IBM, Microsoft, and Sony/Ericsson.
Rixstep and Radsoft products are or have been in use by Sweden's Royal Mail, Sony/Ericsson, the US Department of Defense, the offices of the US Supreme Court, the Government of Western Australia, the German Federal Police, Verizon Wireless, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Microsoft Corporation, the New York Times, Apple Inc, Oxford University, and hundreds of research institutes around the globe. See here.
All Content and Software Copyright © Rixstep. All Rights Reserved.